Friday, October 16, 2009

Vis. Lang: Explorations

So here are some the explorations of color backgrounds and typefaces. The color backgrounds that are working that I'm happy with are the yellow, tan, and purple color, with that I'm going to narrow down to the yellow and tan color since those give the connotation of an older time or the mood of been worn for a long time. These colors enhance what I am trying to show for my mode of appeal: ethos. Now hopefully I can narrow down the position of the pointe shoe and typeface.

During the exploration of different typefaces, I found that there was a lot of typefaces that give the flexibility towards size and contrast to the image. The typefaces that I found to be pleasing towards the image and compliment the background color decision was bodoni and Universe. I'm leaning towards bodoni for the contrast of thin and think stokes of the letterforms. I'm hoping this will be the direction I go for sure.

Overall from this group of development, I feel like the type position isn't quite there yet for a few, but fairly close to the direction needed to better represent the image and meaning.

1 comment:

Richardson said...

I honestly like the B&W one all the way on the right pinned on top of all the other B&W ones.