Friday, October 23, 2009

Vis. Lang: statement

From the original poster done by Studio Dumbar represented pathos from the use of typography as movement of dance and music played. As I did research I put my information into a mind map, which helped with choosing the direction of going from ethos to logos and how to represent both. After exploring both modes of appeal, finding that ethos was being more successful with some adjustments to be made. Determining photography over other mediums was a choice upon giving the appropriate creditably. Also choosing to have a standard background color helped leaving the typography to be more tangible to move around and give a better representation. This helped with the exploration of different typefaces with size and contrast to the image, which choosing Bodoni gave the contrast of thin and think stokes of the letterforms gave the elegance of the forms in the image. For doing Bloch Shoes, it is one of the best-known dance shoemakers that dancers have been able to trust for many years. After the research, I found and realized my pointe shoes I photographed actually were made by Bloch, which surprised me. This even proves my point of Bloch giving creditability since it has lasted since 1932, and this can give a reason why to do (dance) or go to (viewer) the Holland Dance Festival, plus the poster provides information for both.

No comments: