Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vis. Lang: Final Mode of Appeal poster

Here is the original poster done by Studio Dumbar that represented pathos since it was using typography as the movement of the dance and music played. From here I went onto the starting process of doing sketches for each ethos and logos, but narrowed down to ethos.

From the original I decided to do a mindmap to help give me a better direction and understanding where to go.

From there I did some sketches of how the type and image would out then chose the medium that I was going towards. From there I did some photographs with some type to see it to scale, but as mini mockups.

This process that photographing the pointe shoes was the best direction to go, but then the thought of color backgrounds was the next step to enhancing the shoes worn look.

From these color choices, narrowing down to the tan background was best choice since it has the connotation of time. and from there I did another photo shoot to get the best image. As to choosing it was to the final three.

From the final three poster images and type. I went around the junior and senior studio to get a score for to see which way I would go in the end for the image. After the scoring, I went forward with the middle image since it can give a straight forward meaning it is a shoe, where as the others were a bit anonymous to what they were.

This is the final after going through long processes of getting here, this was successful.


In the end, my approach towards giving the Holland Festival a different direction, I thought of who would be there(the viewer) and then behind the scenes(dancers). The best approach was to do the dancers, where I could do certain brand names toward dance and outfits they wear, like Bloch Shoes. Then when I did research on the pointe shoes, since dancers are certain on what they wear , Bloch Shoes has been one of the best known dance shoe makers. After the research, I found/realized my pointe shoes I photographed actually was made by the brand I researched on, which surprised me. This even proves my point that Bloch gives creditability to the reason why to do/go to the Holland Dance Festival, plus this poster provides both the festival and the shoe brand.

No comments: