Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Narrative in Sound: Final Kentic Type

kentic type: towel from Jessica Meurer on Vimeo.


Through the start of this process of choosing a noun to represent three verbs, I began to struggle to pick actions. After finally deciding what verbs were going to be represented, I was happy to explore the different ways to treat the motion. This gave me a clear way to approach the fluidity of action to action through the storybroad, as well as working analog gave me an understanding of how many different approaches to verbs. My process of creating the type was made of towel with marker drawn on top to clearly state what the viewer is looking at. My issue that came up was to think through was how to incorporate either one of the previous animations, and within this animation to give more context. By the time I was ready to go digital, I had a semi clear approach to combine the two, but I didn't know for sure how well. Hopefully the length of each verb is expressed equally and hand-generated text is capturing the actions clearly.

No comments: