Friday, September 4, 2009

Vis. Lang: Matix UP close and personal

So for the past week some of the things I've been thinking of is the bass......not a fish or the music coming from car or home theater, but an actual upright bass. I came up with some ideas for the bass like for my puns one of them I did use speakers for a little underlying information about my artist, Christian McBride, since he does play electric bass too.

I am refining this idea more, so maybe it might get used. We will see. Another idea was using the bass clef for a main aspect of the bass being played in that manner as well as typographic relevance.

Another idea I had that was a pun was using the tool of classical training of time as the basic idea of a bass too. The swinging arm that either goes faster or slower by the weight resembles as a bow that is used to play a bass.

For some reason I wanted to show my music knowledge of using a rest and a repeat symbol that is used in writing music as a way to show an abstract form of the handle.

I also played on the form of the outer body of the bass too that can play with typographic form to give a simile. And also a parody of the crayon to announce the groups music cd 'Kind of Brown', it also might draw in more of the older youth to come and listen to music.

No comments: