Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Narrative in Sound: Storyboards

For both of my storyboards, the process I used went back to the basics of actually doing a painting (ha of course)for the sense of preparing, to doing, to finishing, and then finally to details of the painting. Through this project, I'm lucky enough to kill 2 projects with one stone meaning for studio, but also for my brother, so both personal reasons.

The next step after photographing each process was then draw each frame out in a 2 x 3 box, then finishing by coloring with color pencil. During the coloring process, I will say my hand did cramp up, but it was totally worth it.

Reasoning behind choosing color pencil over some other ideas was because it gave me the chance to work in 2 mediums. One being painting , which is wet and takes time to dry where color pencil has no dry time and you can layer as much as you want. I also felt with color pencil, I could block out non-important things and making the main focus pop from the frame where with a different medium like photography it would show the non-important things.

No comments: