Monday, September 21, 2009

Vis. Lang: Final Rhetoric Poster

So I wanted to express Christian McBride as one of the best bass players, so I made a visual pun using the 16th rest note and the tagline "above the rest."

Through out this whole project, it brought me back to another form of classic music in a different genre. My intentions for this poster came to me by coming up with different ideas to represent Christian McBride's music as well as the audience that would be coming to the event. The colors I choose started with more warm colors, but then through out the process I realized I needed to add some more jazz feel colors to make it pop a little off the page, as well have different levels of read. The background I kept settle so that the initial read for the driver's is the main information, where as the everyday walker can enjoy the different views and see the details of the design.

No comments: