Sunday, April 11, 2010

User Ex: Packaging

Here is the before idea of my containers that I used and thought they brought a geometric form to the idea. It was when they were due that I felt that the form wasn't making me happy at all, so I had a conversation with Kidwell and decided that I could take the opportunity to revise them.


Before:

After:
I decided to go with mason jars as my containers because it holds up to my concept of science or experimenting in the kitchen theme I was going for. This idea also gives the viewer an idea to reuse them and keep buying the product. One of the things that I changed about the object was I got away from the logo being an atom, but I brought that into the pattern work of the bags that would go into the mason jars. I also reworked how you read the brown sugar in such and give it a little sense of humor by adding the lines organic richness, organic sweetness, organic power. After revising, I felt better about my package.

No comments: