Sunday, April 11, 2010

Type: In Process with some ideas

For the beginning, I started with simply the two letter forms T and R for Type Revolution and using my experiments as the base to turn them into a logotype. One of the things I have realized with this part is that I should have started with the exact size I want to use them because resizing wouldn' t be true the form. When I place this onto artifacts I plan on having Type Revolution placed underneath even though I could figure at more places to had it.

One of the other things I was working with for my logotype was taking the whole words for my conference and applying the pattern to it, this idea can make many logotypes with different grids as their base.

Another way I tried was having a simple grid with the letters in their own square, which I am still playing with.

Overall I'm expanding on these ideas.

I wanted to see what my full length logotype with m experiment applied to it would look like on an artifact, so I attempted the name tag. With the name tag I placed a grid in the background and took bits and pieces away from it, so it might add personality. From there when I add the name, organization, and place, I had them contained using the grid as the container and using my rule of where it touch it got filled, but I kept the important part readable.

No comments: