Monday, April 12, 2010

Type: Identity

Through out making my identity, I had a set plan to have interchangeable logomarks that are abstract and then become clarified by the subhead. With the option of choosing a logomark, it gives my the chance to have many different outcomes on artifacts. Thus meaning I can have simple grid as the pattern and use a contrasting logomark placed on top. I have decided that I have three different sizes of logomarks, so that they can be used in applications of all sort ranging in size. The colors that I choose where to have complimentary colors and also to switch up the color usage. So instead of just using the two complimentary colors to add another one, or to have 2 cool colors with 1 warm color; this giving countless opportunities to use the colors. I have Univers condense and Minion regular as my body text to give me to keep the idea of contrasting open ended when setting the type. The patterns I do have are of the grid, and I plan on adding dimension and emotion when taking parts away from the grid. I feel this can demonstrate the breaking of the grid more.

No comments: