Sunday, April 25, 2010

Type: Final Conference Materials

So for my final pieces, I have a notebook, name tags, and a website. With the notebook I wanted it to reflect the name tag of which person has by design. This reflects the idea of the solid color and the grid on the front with a contrasting logotype. Within the notebook it reflects the top part of the name tag that is white but the name, work, place resembles the grid when it isn't there.

With the website I was still having the reflection of the name tags, but in a different way. I kept the negative space within the grid to give depth. I did add more of a gridded structure to how I approached the navigation and way you would read the website, also choose to use two different typefaces to give some areas more hierarchy. One of the things I wanted to achieve was when you clicked on a new page the background grid would be the thing that changes and the navigation bar expands across, so you would know what page you had clicked on.

No comments: