Wednesday, March 10, 2010

User Ex.: Screen grabs of possiblies

I'm working with the idea of the periodic table since the materials I'm using are made up of elements that can react on purpose (i.e. baking). I originally started off with combining the letter forms together but the forms lost the meaning and clarity. Now I'm working with the separate letter forms and trying to figure out the right thickness of stoke weight, so I'm looking at typefaces: helvectia, universe, folio, and futura. The other object I'm struggling with is my logo because I want the sense of the element being there and have it simple, but I don't think the atom with the neurons being around the word is working. I need to figure out a way where it works. I am on the other hand really enjoying my idea and explaining it. I also feel my colors are working since I wanted the goal of people being able to be drawn to that area instead of walking past. I hope my goal will be achieved when I try to see if it stands out compared to the others in the store.

Oh the idea of having the image as a focus behind the type, I feel isn't working right now, but I hope I can find a way.








No comments: