Sunday, November 1, 2009

Vis. Lang: Postcard 1 and 2 reflections/communication

Postcard 2 (below) Josh
Postcard 1 (below) jessica

To reflect on communication for postcard 1 about how the image was portrayed or interpreted was in some parts correct but the rest of the information was not completely there. In making postcard 1 my direction was more on how to represent a glass jug. I tried to not to limit myself on the brewing aspect and brand description, but one limitation that I did have to deal with was not being able to use a glass jug, so I used the next closest object to it, which was a glass bottle. With my lighting, I chose to do was to give a sense of energy to the image, since I was representing the sun as a yellow background. You(Josh) are correct upon the potential of being ready to fill the bottle, which brings the energy. I thought of a glass jug, well bottle, being a container for all sorts of liquid, not necessary brewed beer. It also shows that I have little knowledge of the brewing process, so the communication of the image will need more information related to subject matter. As a whole people do think differently upon an object and be bias towards a new eye to a object, but this shouldn't be the case.

Your(Josh) interpretation of postcard 1 was captivating for the fact it could be seen in two point of views depending on the viewer, whether it is unopened or getting ready to be filled, but I was playing on the aspect of being able to reuse the object with the suggestion of the cap since twist off caps are not the easiest to reuse, so that's another reason for potential. All different tops and color of the glass become the x factor to a viewer because in reality we see all types used, but not all of use have the knowledge of why different types are used for beers and where there were made.

In relation to postcard 2, I knew exactly where you(Josh) were getting at, which was to take out the original and get back to where brewing came from, from the color of the bottle to the tops used. This overall didn't give me an emotion, or the level of product in relation to Hierarchy of Design Problems model that we are learning about. This will make me have to do a large leap to the systems aspect. Somethings I would add to this to help you(Josh) out is to think about your object more since your working with a branding project, is why brown glass, could it be a different color, also whether your viewer or buyer can recycle your bottles. This could possibly add another level for you.

This leads into the initial communication context and knowledge is were it suffered and made it unsuccessful. In our communication, the level of noise as to knowledge, social background, and fermentation to brewing lead to the failure of the initial communication. I understand for your(Josh) point of view of looking at the image, which will in the long run lead to a better outlook that will be understandable. The communication of the postcards of sender/receiver hinder in the first and second postcard of not knowing how they were going to be exactly approached from sender and receiver.

No comments: