Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vis Lang: Communication Model- My representation

First I figured out what the common 6 commonalities between all the models shown in the lecture, which were sender, message, channel, receiver, feedback, and noise. From there I did some quick sketches that could represent the idea conceptually to way the postcard project went for me.

From here I decided I wanted to go more in depth on the noise level among the sender and receiver since within the postcard project I didn't have a high knowledge of brewing when my partner did, which caused noise of the obvious problem for me the sender and the semantic noise for my partner. With this I choose to have my diagram become an example of the problem with having the noise becoming part of the sender and receiver instead of just of the message and channel getting the noise. I wanted to keep the sender and receiver equal in size thinking of being on the same level, but I might change the sender to a smaller size emphasizing on knowledge compared between the too which would give the obvious problem come out more. This might not work sense the feedback coming back to the receiver is receiving more knowledge which will make the senders circle to grow of knowledge.
The colors choices I made for this model was about having the main information being in same color range to represent the unit. Having the noise a different color puts an emphasis on the impact that noise could have. This representation proves what I am portraying so far.

No comments: