Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Web is Dead Response

For the past 18 years, we have been living behind some kind of monitor, which means when I was 2, I guess I had more time to explore outside, not having to rely on update feeds to keep me going, as well as sending mail the so called snail route instead of email. Now a days, I feel bad that I don't send mail to often or even receive mail besides the bills that come in because I realize I actually get excited to see something that someone physically put time into sending it out into the mail. Anymore the transfer to email is very easy to compile, but you have to rely on cyberspace to get to the person. I won't lie, I have yet to switch over from sending my bills in physically to electronically, for the fact I always wonder what happens if they don't receive it, how long does it take to process, and what happens if the computer crashes in the process. I always wonder about that.

Of all the things I look at everyday almost, is Facebook, Google, weather.com and my email, just for the fact those are my main areas to wanting to see updates, of course with Google, I use it for a lot my beginnings to my research. Just these simple things that I go to is convenient and easy to get to, so I don't believe that the web is dead, but it is evolving and shaping to our everyday needs. As a designer, beginning to design for the web world you don't just think one page or one use, you think of many different approaches to how the user is going to interact with the screen. Overall convenience is key in everybody's life even mine and that's the web is always there for people conventionally.

1 comment:

Marty Maxwell Lane said...

Jessica,

Nice to see you clarify the need for designers to approach projects from a cross platform, systematic approach.

Also, your point about bills is something to keep in mind as you move forward with your MX project. The real issue is that as a user, you aren't getting good feedback from the bill sites, therefore you are confused and unsure of the transaction. Keep that experience in mind: How to prevent confusion and create comfort.

Marty