Monday, February 22, 2010

User Ex.: Project Brief: The Persuasive Experience

Scenario
Natural Order Wellness (now), a long time supplier of ingredients for natural wellness, health and beauty products is entering a cooperative venture with several investors to develop and market products of its own. Some potential products include, fortified water, soda/cola, vitamins, diet supplements, household cleaners, beauty or other personal care items marketed under the brand name ACME. They are interested in selling these products on multiple networks, and these products need to be earth-friendly.

Initial Observations
I feel like most of the items that are being used and sold to today are going towards women, but there are a few men that cook as well. I have noticed that most of the baking products haven't really changed their design in a long time, and I have even think that the designs are too quiet because I have even walked by the products missing where they are. I feel like when these products are bought, the user either puts the product into another container or they were stocking up on the item, in other words my question has come to, how can I make a product stand out and will also function as a container after the product is bought? I want the user to enjoy the package, so that won't just throw the casing away but keep it as part of a new generation to come.

Target User
The target user that I'm trying to get to buy this product are women aging between 18- up. I am starting at the age 18 because the girls start to be on there own in college and start shopping for themselves, but I'm also wanting to keep the usual women in the factor, since they usually look for what is the best out there in product wise. I also wouldn't mind targeting men starting at 21 and up because I feel like men don't really bake as much, but there are some that have a passion in cooking. Overall working with both women and men will help open their eyes to something new.

Proposed Strategy
I am going to propose this new line of products to women and men through the actual grocery store and possibility giving the products its own table for displaying purposes since it will be new, it will need to be introduced to the public (it will remind you of Sam's Club or Costco).The idea of the product being presented in a displayable way will persuade the user to purchase the product.

In this displaying manner, the user will be able to see the product and hear more information about the product before they buy the product. This will give the product the opportunity to be showcased and be introduced.

Product Line
My proposed product is going to be a set of natural flour, brown sugar, sugar, and salt that will be in casing that will 'showcase' the product. I want to look at what is out there already and make it better. I also want to see how the product looks when it is on the wall with more than one product at hand. I am also thinking of different sizes for amounts that can or could be used. I would like to make the user feel like they are getting something new and learn something new, so I am thinking of adding something special to the larger qualities of the product. The sizes I was thinking for each of these will consist of packets, equivalent to cups, and as well pounds. Giving these different sizes will help with the competition that is already out there, like Old Mill, Splenda, and Morton.

I want this line to be long-lasting with the capability to be used and not put into another container. I also hope that 'showcasing' the product will help give the user the right connotations so they will want to buy the product.

No comments: