Monday, February 15, 2010

Type: Comments given through crit. with reflections

-This is very conservative.... I'd like to see you really push it.

-The more complex grids and way more interesting, they have a lot more dimension and pushing towards meaning.

-The more unusual the grid, the more interesting the result. script- good. fat grid- good. angles grid- good.

-Could the transformation be seen in motion?
To answer this I would have to say it could, but it isn't the direction I'm thinking of.

-
Since these are built in grids, try building some words to see if they fit within each other.
To reflect to this I plan on doing so, but I need to get further in the steps of forms to start layering them I feel.

-How is this anything more than pix elating type? Are your grid choice making more interesting letterforms?
It is pixelating the type but the different grids are manipulating the letterforms so it can conform to it. This process is just the beginning, who knows if these may actually work really small and how they compare to how the computer pixelates the forms. I also plan on possibly adding more different grids just to see other reactions, but I'm not for sure yet.

-I like how many solutions you're looking at. The universal options of each letter looked hard to do.

-
I like seeing the handwriting into bitmap. Its actually interesting as raw grid and marker. Brainstorm- Do it backwards whatever its a really good place to be at since there is a real good foundation. Now you can deconstruct.
Plan on in someway

-I like that its starting to look like Tessellation.

-Good idea- the script fonts seem to be more interesting though.

-This one's my favorite. I feel like these are turning into abstract letterforms that can only be read in context.

-The square script is interesting and nice! Starting to "shape up" haha

-Aren't all typefaces based on a grid/ structures, like x-height and so on. I'd like it to break the flat plane it's in.
I plan on using color sooner or later to break the flat plane, but it will be difficult to do right now.

-The typefaces that interest me the most are the ones that push legibility and/or are only understandable in the context of other letters.
Totally agree with this...I want to explore this a bit more.

-!great

-The abstract nature of this is very interesting. Push the grid in this respect, it could be pretty awesome!

-I think you've answered your question.
In my mind, I don't I have yet because my question is very limited to what I have an idea towards. I'm thinking of another question along this one that can become more broad, and hopefully it will make sense.

-I like the changing and how different they become.

-Use non-linear grids.
I am and I think person didn't realize there were multiple grids behind one another, but oh well.


Overall I do feel like my question is to narrow for the way I am thinking in terms of going towards. Hopefully I can fix that. Some these comments helped me in certain areas of narrowing into, but I still like I have a lot to do still.

No comments: