Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Final thoughts for PERMITTING WEATHER

Emotional versus the informational impact of the content:

One of the ideas I was wanting to do the entire time was to have fun, but somehow it went the other way at the beginning. Then as we wrapped up the making of the weather and starting to apply them to a news station, it began to get better again. When we were applying to the applications, I kept the weather playful with the color of the NBC logo, so I could enjoy the project a bit more. Overall the words I choose (cloud, lightning, rain, drought), I tried keeping them through the precipitation cycle and should come across that when you watch the television interstitial.

What were the challenges in creating expressive compositions that fit together formally, but expressed their individual phenomena dramatically?

The challenges in creating expressive compositions the fit was getting the type to be legible and still represent the word to a liking. One of my main approaches was to adjust each type in a logical placing and then photography each word with a slow shutter to get a equal tonally through out, but the only word I had the most trouble positioning was cloud because it was the one with more tonally then the rest and the type wasn't working as a whole. With each weather word, I expressed the words but positioning them in the manner of how they would happen and feel to the eye as sense of direction.

What were the challenges in applying the compositions to the applications?

The challenges I had applying to the applications was feathering because it didn't work in my liking and idea I was going for, but I think that is because I didn't really know how to apply it the image itself. Other than that, when I working in Flash, I had the trouble of trying to get the speed to be slow enough but fast enough to be in the time allowed. My first attempt to my flash was rough, but then going in to revise was then easier the second time because I was able to refine each moment.

What defines the "system" across your applications?

My system across my application was approached by the colors of the NBC logo, the channel number tilted, and at least a word or tag line is the same color.

How did you balance the hierarchy of elements?

The way I was to able to create hierarchy was adding color to my type and also size of type of the application. I used a line of color to help separate and refine the hierarchy as well.

No comments: