Saturday, March 21, 2009

Final COLOR icons


I decided to use these colors for representing my theme as a whole because they hold the meanings I would like my icons to come across. I had some problems choosing my final colors based on the darker color, it was between this brown and a pine green, but over all the brown gave the icons more meaning of camping style. Hopefully, I pulled it off.

During this process, I learned how different colors can be conveyed in many was just by the other colors being close. Also the factor of when adding a highlight it can convey a 2D or 3D movement in the icon. I tried to keep that as a factor of what icon would get dimension. Those icons that have a 3D factor would be bear, sleeping bag, bandaid, and backpack. The 2D icons would be the tree, rain cloud, and fire. The way I choose these to be classified is based off of man made vs. natural made object.



No comments: