Saturday, August 14, 2010

Council Bluffs and the new sculptures?

So since I have been home in Iowa, within the first 24 hours I went over to Omaha and saw the new entry way to Council Bluffs area. Council Bluffs is trying to attract new people to come into town by updating the streets, the corners, and bridges. One of the bridges that they are working on right now above I29 is show casing a sculptor from New York. To me for what I know as a designer, you would think they would want to keep a unified system but instead this bridge breaks the system. The colors in person just seem too messy, where if they used only steel(as an example) it would get more depth like the portfolio of Albert Paley. Here is a link to what the sculptures would look like as one color. Here is a news report on the sculpture too, and read the comments to understand more.

No comments: