Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vis.Com. 2 proj. 4 part 1- 3 of my favorite layouts final book

I just thought I would put this photo in as a prospective view so you are able to clearing see that are some wrinkles of worn into the journal based book.

The layouts that I choose were the ones I thought had a good sense of understanding considering the tonality of colors and the feeling you get as you look at them.

This layout is FIRE. The image selection that I went with this object per say was camp fire, that went into subcategories of wood and a lighter. With this layout, I considered the basis of how a boy scout would approach to making a fire on their own. I also included some of my own belongings as visuals to help get the image of how a fire would work in different ways. In the upper left corner, I taped in a twig as the representation of how you can get started with the fire which is filled in more on the page. Hopefully the layout gives a warm feeling since I kept the layout with warm colors.

The process of gathering items for this information to clearing come across was pretty easy to find, it was just how would I position the images to get the idea of how a teenage boy is thinking and how they would put something in their journal.

The Second layout here is MUDDY SHOES. The way I approached this page was thinking of things that would or could happen in mud, as well as better and after. On here I created mud as to the page after this layout I had put the dry dirt in. I wanted to get the sense of how it would look dry and wet. With the images I chose, I choose to have old pairs of shoes and muddy ones as well. The overall concept I kept with this layout was to see the main sense of brown since it represents the ground. The reason why I chose to have muddy shoes instead of dirty clothes was the meaning behind muddy shoes can go deeper in the fact, they get you from point a to point b and your feet mold the shoe over time.

Gathering for this object, I found to be hard for the fact that you start to just see feet that are muddy. Then you realized there are many points to this as there would be to fire. DIRT+WATER= MUD! Also the fact you have to keep in mind of the person feet too.

This layout is about the TEENAGER that I made into a Boy Scout. I made the teenager into that because then I would be able to somehow tap into my brother's mind when they use to be in it. I guess it worked because I was able to remember what there honor was and badges. With this layout, I considered to have in a journal manner with what a teenage boy would be thinking or interested in. I hope the impact of this page will give the sense of direction of how the journal can be like which is controlled chaos. I still kept the tonality of warmth to it too.

Gathering information for this page started off difficult until I thought more deeply. I feel I was able to tap into a teenage boy's mind a bit.

Overall the process of making this journal was fun, yet difficult as times. I started off with the idea of making my own journal but instead going out and buying a sketchbook journal and spray mounted the pages together to make it more durable. The hard part for me was considering what type of images to choose and how I was going to damage my book because of the weather is horrible, but you'll have to find that out in my journal. Hope you enjoy the child of me in this.

1 comment:

jamie said...

Very nice shots of the book as a whole showing the wrinkles, and of the cover. Watch out that fingers aren't distracting.