Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Final Thoughts on LINE!

Using the parameters at first, I wasn't really thrilled about the new project, but as we got further along I was happy we got to incorporate photography into our work. Going into the environment was something I was excited about because then I was able to capture Kansas City by just looking around and seeing how many lines were out there. I also realized I had a few books that had many line compositions that helped me understand how the artist got to their concept. When working with analog I felt I was stronger in drawing straight and curve lines as compared to translating them to digital, I had some trouble creating my curves. The way my book goes through out is it starts with the word stable and ends with glum to represent the different emotions that someone can have. I've realized that observation skills have gotten better of where I can find more lines in the world and make the lines into something conceptual. As for my craft, I think I have gotten better since the last project and I tried really hard to improve it way better than before. I therefore think my work has gotten to my goal, and on he next project my goal will risen to higher standard.

No comments: