Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vis. Lang: Jazz Visual Inspiration



And this is Christian McBride himself. And I choose the one with him standing next to his bass as a sign of devotion he has to his instrument. Also the color helped give a mood too.



These colors I choose were for the warmth that I get while listening to the music as well as brings the energy of the music too.



With this inspiration, I was looking for rhythm, and movement since Christain McBride's music has a fast pace feel to it and is playful. The reason why I choose rain as inspiration was by thinking how every time rain hits a window it has a beat to it if you listen close enough and separate the sounds. Lines are also to demonstrate how fast and how far apart some notes are from each other.


The text I think that would work for the music that Christian McBride & Inside Straight would relate to would be either Universe or Grotesque condensed sense it can have an open feeling and also bring a cleanness to a page but for the smaller text I might use a sans serif.

1 comment:

jamie said...

Rain is like rhythm...
In contrast to rain, you mentioned warmth...

Jessica, after the lecture tomorrow I want you to return to these ideas, and this time frame them as rhetorical tropes.